Are you having one of the following problems related to Microsoft windows 7 update.
- Windows 7 keeps on checking update or searching updates
- Windows update stopped working
- Microsoft windows does not install the pending updates
- Windows does not show the installed updates.
- No windows updates after you install IE9.
- Windows7 failed to install updates many times.
- Windows update hangs
Cause: The problem is due to the default registry size limit in windows 7 which is is 0x8000000 (134217728). You can increase the registry size limit by following steps
Open regedit (Run regedit)
Then goto and modify the value
Key: RegistrySizeLimit, Type: REG_DWORD, Value: 0x8000000 (134217728)
Change the value: 0xFFFFFF (4294967295)