Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Exchange 2003 Alias not working




I renamed an account in ADUC and I changed  the username, the account


details (name, address, phone #, etc) as well as the "Alias" field on
the Exchange General tab. (The email address was staying the same.) I
made sure the GAL was correct and then updated the Offline Address
Book. In Outlook, I went to "Send/Receive" and "Download Address Book".
However, when I begin typing in the the new user's name, it is the
*old* user whose alias displays next to the new user's name

Check if  recipient update service set to always run?
You can manually run the Recipient Update Service to update the user

information in the Global Address List. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open Exchange System Manager.
2. Expand Recipients, and then click Recipient Update Service.
3. In the right pane, right-click Recipient Update Service (yourdomain.com)

and then click Update Now

& It worked :)

No comments:

Post a Comment